FINE ART APPRAISAL
O'Connor & Associates provides fine art appraisal services to help in the following situations:
- Insurance. Your art collection should be appraised every three to five years to assure that you are properly insured in the case of loss or damage.
- Non-Cash Gift or Charitable Contribution. Donated artwork with a value greater than $5,000 must be appraised according to IRS guidelines. For gifts larger than $20,000, a complete appraisal must accompany your tax return.
- Sale. Interested in selling your art? We provide market sales appraisals that tell you how much your art will sell for in the current market and will identify the most likely buyers for your art.
- Divorce/Litigation. We provide appraisal for couples who need to know the value of their art for distribution of property. We can also provide expert witness for testimony in court.
- Estate Planning. Art appraisals determining the value of your art will allow for equitable distribution among your heirs. Proper appraisals will insure that your heirs will not face IRS fines and penalties for misreporting the value of their inherited art. We can also help with fractional gifts to other aspects of estate planning. Enjoy your art and have peace of mind that you are properly insured and that your heirs are taken care of.